What is Content Dripping? Why do you even need to drip content?
Welcome to episode #12 of the SubscribeMe show from SubscribeMe.fm.
To drip or not to drip. That is the question.
In this episode, I discuss 5 reasons why you may want to drip content in your membership site.
1) If you have a lot of content to deliver in your online course.
2) If you have a structured online course, where things have to be delivered in a certain sequence.
3) If you want to put in most of the work up front and set up the content to drip slowly over time.
4) The Halloween-Candy analogy: . You give it to them little by little. To extend the value of your content, even if your members know that it is already there, and you give them a sense of anticipation and excitement. You can even tease them what’s coming up. Almost like a trailer for a move that hasn’t been released yet.
5) Finally, two important reasons to drip content, is to prevent a) your members from feeling like they’re getting ripped off, and b) to make sure YOU yourself don’t get ripped off.
I go into all of the above in detail on the show. Plus a little history about Content Dripping, how it came into existence, and who invented it (hint: his initials are “RJ” 😉 )
Listen to the show via the player above.
Or if you want all of the episodes to be automatically downloaded to your device as soon as they’re available, then subscribe to the show on iTunes at SubscribeMe.fm/itunes/ , or on Stitcher at SubscribeMe.fm/stitcher/ .
– Ravi Jayagopal
Check out the rest of the episodes below:
How to Reverse Engineer Your Website, Products and Services
Audiobooks, ACX, Kindle to Paperback
Urgency, Scarcity and Exclusivity (USE)
Takeaways From My Book Launch
Sell First, Create Later
No Such Thing as Too Long, Only Too Boring
I Came Home and the Dog Was Bald
Podcasting with WordPress – 105