Looking for a highly experienced iOS and Android app developer, for the following project:
Create a mobile Podcast App for iOS and Android that will serve as a podcast app that is customized to play one podcast. I have a podcast – and I can then tell my listeners to go download an app that is pre-loaded with my podcast’s RSS feed, and as soon as they open the app, they can quickly and easily listen to my podcast and my podcast only – without having to worry about figuring out how the iTunes podcast app works or how some other generic podcast app works.
This mobile app that works on both iOS and Android, should do the following:
* App-loading (splash) screen that displays logo and web site URL
* Main screen is a podcast app which loads a podcast RSS feed and shows a list of podcast episodes, like this: http://screencast.com/t/8jZ9DjfGwMev
* When an episode is clicked on, episode-details screen should look like this: http://screencast.com/t/99jtF3llYUk9
* Should be able to download and store episodes for offline use – by default, should download latest episode in podcast
* Playback resume feature (when interrupted by a call or Facetime or text, etc)
* About-us screen that lists all the contact methods for the show like call, email, web, Facebook, and Twitter
* Playback controls like continuous play, Speed 1x/1.25/1.5/2x, fast-forward 30 seconds, rewind 30 seconds
If you can do this, then please send me an email using this form with details about…
This project can lead to long-term opportunities as mobile apps are exploding in the podcasting space. Also, I have a couple of other big plans for much bigger mobile apps, and you will have the opportunity to be a part of that startup as well.
– Ravi Jayagopal